Sunday, 21 September 2008

Dogs and such ...

Justine's latest article on what to read has put me in mind of my own canine friend, and although it's been a few years since he died, I still come home expecting a bounding mound of brown fir to greet me. So, here's a picture of the dear old thing:


The upside down Tiger is Fearful - one of six animals my father bought from Hamleys when my two sisters had the last of their children nine years ago ... I think it says a lot for Morgan that he's not attempting to chew the head off, many of my stuffed animals bear the marks of his love ...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet face. Our boy, Squire, passed away last summer and I miss him every day. Even though he was almost 11 and getting quite grey he was always "my puppy". Squire's stuffed animals didn't see out the month!

oxford-reader said...

I don't think dogs every really grow up in their hearts!

Table Talk said...

Your last point is precisely why my Bears will not let me have a dog. I tell them he would love them to bits, but as they point out, that is exactly what they're worried about!

oxford-reader said...

Many of my animals bear scars. Bert the bear has only one ear; Snowy the polar bear lived for a few years with his head hanging on by a thread until I found someone to perform reconstructive surgery; one of my dolphins was distincly lacking in fins after Morgan has his way with it, and my father's bear - Wonk - now definitely lives up to his name as he only has one and a half legs.